What conclusion would you arrive to if a few people you work exhibited the following characteristics:
1) They disappear every day at lunch to go to secret "meetings."
2) They also are always hungry, particularly after said lunch meetings. You could probably say that they have the "munchies."
3) When they return from their lunch meetings, they have red eyes and big silly grins on their faces.
4) You'll occasionally hear them mention something about "smoking the pipe" during lunch.
5) If 2-3 days go by and they have been unable to sneak away for their "meetings", they get all jittery, high-strung, and irritable.
Yeah, Maddox and I were talking after one of our recent lunch "meetings" (actually, I think we were IM'ing - the modern day equivalent of talking. Or at least it is until Google Wave takes over and IM'ing becomes the cassette tapes of communicating), and he made the observation that if we're not careful, rumors are going to start circulating around the office.
2 weeks ago